Jul 24, 2011

The Tastings Room, Marina Square





The Tastings Room is a new establishment that opened on the 2nd of July 2011. Seeing that they were offering a 1-for-1 Pasta Deal, the boyfriend and I decided to have dinner here 2 weeks after it opened. The interior of this restaurant is more cafe-like than anything, with wooden chairs and tables. However, it gives off a classy vibe without being intimidating - I especially love the lights and the modern bar. The waitress that served us looked really young, but she was rather patient in explaining the numerous deals to us & service was definitely not an issue here.  


Describing themselves as a restaurant that specializes in gourmet food and wine, one would expect prices to be exorbitant. As of this post, every single main course on their menu is under SGD $30. On their website at the moment is a promotional wine retailing for $9.99 a bottle... need I say more? GO AND TRY THIS PLACE, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Fine, fine, I'll get on with the review.

I got the Truffle Wild Mushroom Spaghetti ($17.90) which featured spaghetti in a cream-based sauce with herbs, surrounded by mushrooms and crowned with truffle infused foam. Mix them together and voila!, a sinful hint of earthy smoky taste is incorporated into the pasta.

I liked this dish - I adore anything that has truffle in it. My only beef with it was that it was so rich and filling that I had to get the boyfriend to finish off most of it for me. Spaghetti always seems to be more filling than fettucini, penne, fusilli or other forms of pasta. Maybe it's a personal thing.


The boyfriend picked the Tomato Seafood Linguine which was a lighter and more refreshing choice. The tomato pesto that coated the linguine was lovely on the palate, and the seafood was fresh. 

  
Another thing about this place - I love the menus! They're adorable, colorful and filled with lovely quotes that make you want to order lots of wine, haha. If we had set aside more time for dinner I might have been tempted by the wines. Or the Chocolate Durian Cake. Or Aglio Olio. Or the Tiramisu. 

Somehow, I think a second visit (or three) are in the books. P.S. Eggs Benedict for $13.90! I <3.

Recommended for: Large Groups, Intimate Gatherings, First Dates (i.e. Everyone)


View Larger Map

The Tastings Room
6 Raffles Boulevard
Marina Square 
#01-08 (It's outside Marina Square Shopping Centre) 
S(039594)
Tel: 6338 1829

Opening Hours
Sun - Thu: 10 AM - 10 PM
Fri - Sat: 10 AM - 12 MN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...